Sunday, March 14, 2010

A new day, a new blog

I've tried blogging before, but always seem to run out of things to blog about. Hopefully that won't be the case here, as I am feeling pretty enthusiastic about this one. I made this blog to keep track of my progress in metalworking, a new venture that I've thrown myself into and have been thoroughly enjoying. I've created a store on Etsy to sell some of the things I have made, and have named it after my beautiful daughter Caoimhe. You can find my handmade jewelry at www.caoimhelily.etsy.com. I'm not sure how often I will update this blog, but I will hopefully keep up with it as I learn new and exciting things as an aspiring metalsmith.

So far, I've forayed into the world of hand stamped jewelry. I've cut, polished, stamped, tumbled, hammered, and punched holes in several types of metal, including copper, nickel, and sterling silver. Well, these things are fun to do, but there are limitations. I can cut circles, sure...but what if I want to cut out a square? a flower? a key? So, it won't be long before I start adding many more tools to my workbench. My saw blades are here, and are only awaiting to be united with the jewelry saw that has also been ordered. I am now armed with the requisite metal smith's torch. Only a few more components are needed, and I will be free to create anything...such a lovely thought! My next blog entry will be soon.

Create something beautiful,
Nickie

No comments:

Post a Comment