Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Family Heart Garden & Copper Wave pendants

I have created a new set of designs this week. These copper pendants are different, because they are rectangular instead of my usual circles.

The first is the Family Heart Garden. I hand stamped the pendant with a lovely garden of tiny hearts reaching for the sky. The hearts can symbolize your children or family members, and the flying angel heart can symbolize a loved one that has passed and is watching over their little ones from above, or the hearts can simply be enjoyed for their whimsical modern beauty.

Here are two examples of the Family Heart Gardens:


The next design I will share today is the Copper Wave Pendant. I hand crafted this beautiful pendant from a piece of copper sheet. After filing the edges and sanding it to create a smooth surface, I annealed it by applying heat from a torch and then bent it into a wave. I also tumbled it to harden the metal (so that it won't bend out of shape) and give it a polished look. The pictures do not do this piece justice, the copper is bright and shiny which makes it hard to photograph properly.

The wave pattern was stamped using a unique stamping tool that was hand carved by a metalsmith named John Peter. During his lifetime, John created many stamping tools for his own projects, in all different shapes and sizes, and I recently acquired a few of these one-of-a-kind stamps, as I mentioned in a previous post. I used one of these special stamps to create the pattern that you see here:


If you are interested in buying one of these family pendants or a limited edition wave pendant, please look for them on www.CaoimheLily.etsy.com or convo me on Etsy for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment